To help you master turkey slicing-and-dicing (without being roasted by your dinner guests, of course), we enlisted the help of our pal Joshua Weissman. He’s the phenom behind the popular foodie blog Slim Palate and author of The Slim Palate Paleo Cookbook. Watch his quick video below to nail the step-by-step technique. Drumsti—er, drumroll please!
Carve a turkey in seven easy steps:
- Place turkey on the cutting board and snip the twine from its legs.
- Start by removing the thighs and legs in one piece.
- Remove the breasts, following the breastbone with your knife.
- Next, lob off the wings. Find the joint for easy removal.
- To separate the drumstick and thigh, find the joint as well.
- Once all your pieces have been removed, daintily slice the thigh and breast meat.
- Arrange on a serving platter. Garnish with fresh herbs for added gourmet cred.