Read on to see the best fall shirts to stock up on.
THE WORK SHIRT
Finally, a shirt that works harder than you. Now don’t confuse this with a shirt you wear to the office. This work shirt gives you all the perks of looking like you put in the work, without even breaking a sweat.
Wear your work shirt with:
- Dark jeans and a puffer vest layered on top.
- A white tee. Cuff the sleeves for a casual weekend look.
- With khakis or chinos and leather brogues for a day at the office.
THE CHAMBRAY SHIRT
This year-round choice should already have a top spot in your closet (it’s an essential). You have the options of the classic blue chambray, or switch things up with a colored version (grey gets our vote).
Wear your chambray shirt with:
- Colored chinos and underneath a classic navy blazer.
- Dark jeans and chukkas for a smart-casual option.
- The real question is, what can’t you wear it with?
THE EASY-CARE DRESS SHIRT
What’s more satisfying than hitting “snooze” when your alarm goes off? Knowing you won’t be late thanks to an easy-care dress shirt that you don’t have to iron. It’s ready for work and ready to go in your carry-on over the holidays.
Wear your easy-care dress shirt with:
- Dress pants and a coordinating blazer.
- Dark jeans and chukka boots take the cake on date night.
- Khakis, brown brogues & a matching belt.
It’s the perfect middle ground between a shirt and a jacket (hence the name) with benefits from both—a slimmer fit and a heavier weight in a workwear-inspired style. Head into unexpected weather with this perfect transitional layer.
Wear your shacket with:
- A T-shirt, jeans and boots for an easy, everyday look.
- An unbuttoned long-sleeve henley over a T-shirt when it’s extra chilly.
- Your favorite pair of distressed denim and a lightweight sweater.
It can’t really be fall if you don’t have a flannel shirt. We’ve got plenty of options to add to your closet, whether it’s a classic Christmas plaid or a solid-colored and super-soft flannel.
Wear your flannel with:
- Jeans and brown leather boots for the classic heritage look.
- Unbuttoned, layered over a tee and jeans.
- Add a leather jacket and dark jeans for a night out.
THE DENIM SHIRT
Not to be confused with your chambray shirt—the denim shirt adds the man to manly. With a thicker fabric, it’s great for cooler weather and ideal for a work-to-weekend ensemble.
Wear your denim shirt with:
- Khakis and chukka boots.
- Layer a crew-neck sweater on top if you’re wearing it to the office.
- If you’re going denim-on-denim, choose a different jean wash to mix things up.
THE STRETCH OXFORD
Oxfords have a special place in every man’s heart. Add stretch to them and you’ve got your new favorite button-down.
Wear your stretch Oxford shirt with:
- Distressed jeans and a pair of Chelsea boots.
- Layered underneath a cardigan with dark jeans.
- Dress pants and dress shoes for the office holiday party.
THE TWILL SHIRT
This sturdy option is a great way to add a different texture to your wardrobe. Not to mention it’s a fan favorite in colder climates.
Wear your heavy twill shirt with:
- Jeans and sneakers.
- A brushed twill version is dapper enough for the office with a pair of khakis.
- Dark brown chinos and work boots.
Need a new shirt (or two) for fall? Get these shirts (or other ones like it) at your doorstep.