For most women, the button-up shirt is a style staple for the office. However, we’re all too familiar with the annoying gap at the chest that happens when wearing a button-up that might be a little too tight.
To help prevent button-up shirts from gaping, look to these six tips:
- Buy the Right Bra: Owning perfectly fit bras are key perfectly fitting clothes. Wearing a bra that’s too big might be part of the problem! Head to your local lingerie shop and get properly fitted.
- Find the Perfect Fit: As you hunt for a button-up shirt, choose one that doesn’t pull across your chest. If it’s too big in other places, like your shoulders or lengthwise, pay a visit to your local tailor.
- Rely on Double Stick Tape: For a speedy solution, use double-stick tape to close the gap with just a few strips.
- Layer on a Cami: If you’re looking for another quick fix, try layering a pretty camisole underneath your button-up and leave the first few buttons unbuttoned.
- Add a Button: Know how to sew? Make use of that extra button that the shirt came with and add it where you need it!
- Look for Stretch: Shirts with a little bit of added spandex will give you a little bit of wiggle room and hug your curves without causing gaping.
What are your thoughts? Share your opinions in the comments below!