To help prevent button-up shirts from gaping, look to these six tips:
- Buy the Right Bra: Owning perfectly fit bras are key perfectly fitting clothes. Wearing a bra that’s too big might be part of the problem! Head to your local lingerie shop and get properly fitted.
- Find the Perfect Fit: As you hunt for a button-up shirt, choose one that doesn’t pull across your chest. If it’s too big in other places, like your shoulders or lengthwise, pay a visit to your local tailor.
- Rely on Double Stick Tape: For a speedy solution, use double-stick tape to close the gap with just a few strips.
- Layer on a Cami: If you’re looking for another quick fix, try layering a pretty camisole underneath your button-up and leave the first few buttons unbuttoned.
- Add a Button: Know how to sew? Make use of that extra button that the shirt came with and add it where you need it!
- Look for Stretch: Shirts with a little bit of added spandex will give you a little bit of wiggle room and hug your curves without causing gaping.
If you are looking for crisp button-downs for the office, take your style quiz and sign up for your first Fix. Let our expert stylists know what your fit challenges are, so they can work with you to find the perfect shirt. Returns and shipping are always on us, so you can focus on finding the right fit hassle-free.