What is in a name? With a myriad of denim definitions out there, skinny and straight leg jeans stand out from the pack for their leg-elongating powers. At first glance, they may seem to vary only by degrees, but there’s a significant difference between the two. While they both share a love of slimmer fit and avoidance of bagginess, read on for the breakdown:
- Have a slim fit all the way to the ankle, hugging the thighs and calves.
- There’s no tapering or flare in the leg area, just sheer slim perfection.
- They offer an instant figure-complimenting fit.
Stylist Tip: Look for frayed and deconstructed hems, which are on the top of the denim trend game this fall.
Straight Leg Jeans
- Give the knees and ankles more breathing room.
- Are in a true straight cut, where the width of the hem is straight from the hip to the ankle.
- The waistline lies between the super-tight fit of a skinny jean and the relaxed slouch of the boyfriend jean.
Stylist Tip: Choose a dark wash with stretch, which will visually slim while holding everything in.
Ready to slip into a pair of skinny or straight leg jeans? To find your perfect fit, fill out your style profile!