What is in a name? With a myriad of denim definitions out there, skinny and straight leg jeans stand out from the pack for their leg-elongating powers. At first glance, they may seem to vary only by degrees, but there’s a significant difference between the two. While they both share a love of slimmer fit and avoidance of bagginess, read on for the breakdown:
- Have a slim fit all the way to the ankle, hugging the thighs and calves.
- There’s no tapering or flare in the leg area, just sheer slim perfection.
- They offer an instant figure-complimenting fit.
Stylist Tip: Look for frayed and deconstructed hems, which are on the top of the denim trend game this fall.
Straight Leg Jeans
- Give the knees and ankles more breathing room.
- Are in a true straight cut, where the width of the hem is straight from the hip to the ankle.
- The waistline lies between the super-tight fit of a skinny jean and the relaxed slouch of the boyfriend jean.
Stylist Tip: Choose a dark wash with stretch, which will visually slim while holding everything in.
Want the skinny on how to add these jeans to your wardrobe? We’ll give it to you straight—take your style quiz, schedule a Fix, and watch as your stylist sends fresh new denim right to your doorstep. Keep what you love and send back the rest. Shipping and returns are on us.