If you’re looking to get more mileage out of your wide leg jeans during the cooler months by tucking them into boots, you’re a real smartypants. At first thought, skinny jeans might be your first choice for this pairing, but with a few tricks you’ll be able tuck any pair of pants into tall boots.
Here’s exactly how to tuck your bootcut jeans into tall boots:
1. Cuff Your Jeans at the Hem
First things first, cuff the bottom of your jeans once. This will help keep your jeans secure all day.
2. Crease & Fold Your Jeans in the Back
Once you’ve cuffed your jeans at the hem, pull the hem towards the back of your leg and fold over the back of your calf.
3. Secure the Cuff with a Long Sock
Once you’ve created a makeshift skinny jean, secure them with a mid-calf sock or a tall sock. This will help to keep your jeans in place all day long as they are tucked into your boots.
4. Slip Into Your Boots
Now it’s time to slip into your boots! Your tall or mid-calf socks will help you easily slide into your boots and keep them in place all day long.
More hacks to tucking wide leg jeans into boots:
- Secure extra fabric with a hair rubber band: Do the same twist and tuck method, but secure the extra fabric at the hem with a hair rubber band over your ankle. Then, slide on your tall boots.
- Use elastic pant clips to secure hems: Track down a pair of elastic pants clips, FKA jod clips to prevent your tucked-in jeans from bunching up. If you want to be securely tucked in all day, use three to four and clip them around them hem of your jeans and around the bottom of your foot. If they’re good enough for horseback riders and bikers, they’re good enough for you.
Now that you know how to wear flares and bootcut jeans with tall boots, get inspired with more ways to wear boots with jeans!
Want to add a new pair of boots or bootcut jeans to your closet? Take your style quiz, order a Fix and ask your stylist for new boots to suit your needs or fresh pair of denim to expand your options for the season. You’re never required to schedule more than one Fix at a time and shipping and returns are always free. It’s just that simple.