If you’ve spent the past few years religiously living in your skinny jeans, you aren’t alone. But there’s a new denim style trend on the rise: the flare jean. Yep, they’re back & better than ever! Flare jeans certainly give off a seriously ’70s vibe, although they’re not as dramatic as their bell-bottom ancestors. These babies are oh-so comfortable, flattering on everyone & are definitely versatile. Not sure what to wear on top?
Here are seven ideas for pairing tops with flare jeans:
- Blazer and a tee: Make your jeans look more professional with a solid top & a fitted blazer.
- A classic button-down: A classic button-down is always a great option. Leave it tucked in, front tucked, or half tucked.
- Tank and kimono: Keep it casual with a tank & a long flowy vest or kimono.
- Graphic tee or tank: To be super comfy & laid-back, all you need is a pretty graphic tee or tank.
- Add a fitted leather jacket: Add a bit of structure to your look with a fitted leather jacket.
- Chunky knit sweaters: Try a little layering for the colder days of spring. A sweater over a button down looks less preppy with flared jeans.
- Chambray top: Go for a classic denim-on-denim look with your favorite chambray shirt.
You have your top half covered, now it’s time to figure out which shoes to wear with your flare jeans!
What do you think? Share your own advice in the comments below!