Flowy, floor-grazing dresses are a summer staple for good reason— they’re incredibly comfortable and are a one-piece style wonder. But how about wearing a maxi dress into fall? With a few simple layering tricks, you wear a jacket with a maxi dress.
Here are the perfect jackets to wear with a maxi dress:
- White Jean Jacket: The classic jean jacket in different indigo washes is already a summer go-to, so try a fresh take with a crisp white jacket to make any bright hues or patterns pop.
- Blazer: Transition your maxi dress from beach to boardroom by pairing it with a blazer. This structured shape creates a streamlined look and paired with heels keeps the rest of your look professional. Try polishing off this look with a top knot bun and swipe of matte lipstick.
- Leather Jacket: Dress to impress for an evening affair by wearing your maxi with a leather moto jacket. Try a billowy chiffon maxi in a feminine floral print and strappy stilettos for an outfit that’s date night ready.
- Vest: Add another dimension to your look with a vest! For a preppy look, try a utility vest in a desert neutral hue paired with your favorite striped maxi or go boho-chic with a denim vest layered over a colorful kaleidoscope-print dress.
- Shawl: If you have an evening event to head to, throw on your maxi dress, a pair of strappy sandals and a coordinating, cozy shawl to cover your shoulders.
Just because you rocked your maxi dress all summer long, it doesn’t mean that you have to stow it away in your closet for the rest of the year. With the warm pairing of an outer layer with a maxi dress, you’ll be set for all season!
Are you ready to master the art of layering with a maxi dress? Take your style quiz to get started and then schedule a Fix. Ask your expert stylist to include a cozy array of layering options to outfit your maxi for crisp fall days. Shipping and returns are always free, giving you even more peace of mind. Keep what you love and return the rest.