A company picnic is a fabulous opportunity to network and get to know colleagues from other departments in a more relaxed atmosphere. While flip-flops & cut-offs may be the ideal ensemble when picnicking with your pals, a picnic with your office calls for a bit more coverage.
Here are some simple guidelines for dressing appropriately for the yearly picnic:
- Bermuda shorts are your best friend: Shorts that come to your mid-thigh or knee will keep you cool & comfortable on warm days while still keeping a modest overall style. For even more coverage, opt for a pair of cropped cargo pants.
- Check your tee: Nothing says casual & relaxed like a fabulous T-shirt. But the tee you wear to the gym or to bed shouldn’t be making an appearance at the picnic. Instead, choose a shirt that is a bit more fitted & in overall good condition. Dress is it up a bit with a long necklace!
- Stick to shoes that do well on grass: Chances are you’ll be playing softball, tossing around a frisbee, or engaging in some sort of relay race, so leave the heels at home! A pair of flat sandals or simple canvas sneakers will leave you walking (or playing) on all terrains with ease.
- Mind the length: If you choose to wear a dress, a midi or maxi style will give you a more relaxed look while maintaining an appropriate length. Opt for a cotton dress for maximum comfort in the afternoon sun.
- Remember your sunscreen! The last thing you want to take home from the picnic is a painful sunburn. An SPF of at least 45 will bring you maximum coverage all day long.
With these tips, you should be all ready to attend your company picnic in comfort & style!
What do you think? Share your own advice in the comments below!