Tucking in a shirt isn’t just for the boys anymore. Fashion lovers everywhere are trying out the front-tuck for their everyday outfit combinations. Not sure when it’s appropriate to front-tuck your shirt or when you need to tuck it in all the way?
Here’s when to tuck in a shirt:
Go Untucked (or half-tuck) with these:
- Skinny Jeans: Balance out the slim cut of your skinny jeans with a casual half-tuck in the front. Getting dressed is all about proportions!
- Mini Skirts: Showing off your legs with a mini skirt? Pair a boho blouse with a denim miniskirt and ankle boots for a chic, weekend look.
- Leggings: If you’ve been trying out the athleisure trend with a pair of leggings, let your shirt give you a bit more coverage by going untucked.
Completely tuck in with these:
- Pencil and Maxi Skirts: Elongate those gams by tucking in your blouse with skirts that hit at or above the knee. Maxi skirts are a bit more tricky, so maintain your feminine shape with a half-tuck or full tuck of a blouse.
- Trousers: Define your curves by tucking in your blouse with a bootcut or flare trouser pant for a trim shape.
- Boyfriend Jeans: Rock the feminine menswear trend by dressing up a pair of boyfriend jeans with a tucked in blouse.
Do you have any tips for when to tuck in your shirt? Tell us in the comments below!