Tucking in a shirt isn’t just for the boys anymore. Fashion lovers everywhere are trying out the front-tuck for their everyday outfit combinations. Not sure when it’s appropriate to front-tuck your shirt or when you need to tuck it in all the way?
Here’s when to tuck in a shirt:
Go Untucked (or half-tuck) with these:
- Skinny Jeans: Balance out the slim cut of your skinny jeans with a casual half-tuck in the front. Getting dressed is all about proportions!
- Mini Skirts: Showing off your legs with a mini skirt? Pair a boho blouse with a denim miniskirt and ankle boots for a chic, weekend look.
- Leggings: If you’ve been trying out the athleisure trend with a pair of leggings, let your shirt give you a bit more coverage by going untucked.
Completely tuck in with these:
- Pencil and Maxi Skirts: Elongate those gams by tucking in your blouse with skirts that hit at or above the knee. Maxi skirts are a bit more tricky, so maintain your feminine shape with a half-tuck or full tuck of a blouse.
- Trousers: Define your curves by tucking in your blouse with a bootcut or flare trouser pant for a trim shape.
- Boyfriend Jeans: Rock the feminine menswear trend by dressing up a pair of boyfriend jeans with a tucked in blouse.
Ready to try tucking (or front tucking) a new top? Take your style quiz, order a Fix and ask your stylist for new tops to tuck in. Better yet, request skirts and pants to tuck your tops into as well to create looks that shine. Try on everything at home—keep what you like and send back the rest. Shipping and returns are always free. It’s just that simple.