Here are 5 simple tips for staying stylish in the rain!
- Make a splash in rain boots: Rain boots don’t need to be gouache galoshes—modern rain boots mimic trends & styles that are current now.
- Layer up: When the weather woman says “chance of showers, it’s time for stylish outer layers—like an anorak or trench—to keep your look structured.
- Keep outerwear polished: We’ve been talking up trenches for a long time—for good reason. Their classic shape & flattering waist belt add immediate style cred to your look.
- Carry a chic umbrella: Carrying an umbrella is an instant game-changer. Investing in an ‘ella that’s both charming & sturdy will keep you dry.
- Save your hair: Never have a bad hair day again. When rainy weather comes around, carry a silk scarf with you at all times.
OUTFIT IDEAS FOR RAINY DAYS
Wear A Trench Coat With Rain Boots
While you can’t stop the impending April showers you can help stay dry with a timeless trench. Its classic shape and waist-cinching belt is perfect for the girl on the go. Toss it over a crisp white shirtdress and rain boots for an outfit that can easily take you from desk to date night.
Layer An Anorak Over A Button-Up Shirt
It’s raining. It’s pouring. That doesn’t mean your outfit has to be boring! Comfortable, warm layers play well with minimalist black jeans for a look that’s both rain- and office-friendly. This outfit is so good, you might even want to wear it on sunny days too.
Pair Colorful Galoshes With Cropped Jeans
Brighten up a gloomy day with bold pops of color. For a lightweight alternative to traditional knee-high rain boots these teal rain booties (or galoshes!) are equal parts stylish and functional. Wear them with ankle jeans, a basic tee, and a neutral-colored anorak for the ultimate rainy day get-up.
Check out hundreds more outfit ideas for any occasion in our Inspiration Gallery. What are your foolproof, weather-proof stay-dry tips? Share in the comments!