Here are 5 simple tips for staying stylish in the rain!
- Make a splash in rain boots: Rain boots don’t need to be gouache galoshes—modern rain boots mimic trends & styles that are current now.
- Layer up: When the weather woman says “chance of showers, it’s time for stylish outer layers—like an anorak or trench—to keep your look structured.
- Keep outerwear polished: We’ve been talking up trenches for a long time—for good reason. Their classic shape & flattering waist belt add immediate style cred to your look.
- Carry a chic umbrella: Carrying an umbrella is an instant game-changer. Investing in an ‘ella that’s both charming & sturdy will keep you dry.
- Save your hair: Never have a bad hair day again. When rainy weather comes around, carry a silk scarf with you at all times.
OUTFIT IDEAS FOR RAINY DAYS
Wear A Trench Coat With Rain Boots
While you can’t stop the impending April showers you can help stay dry with a timeless trench. Its classic shape and waist-cinching belt is perfect for the girl on the go. Toss it over a crisp white shirtdress and rain boots for an outfit that can easily take you from desk to date night.
Layer An Anorak Over A Button-Up Shirt
It’s raining. It’s pouring. That doesn’t mean your outfit has to be boring! Comfortable, warm layers play well with minimalist black jeans for a look that’s both rain- and office-friendly. This outfit is so good, you might even want to wear it on sunny days too.
Pair Colorful Galoshes With Cropped Jeans
Brighten up a gloomy day with bold pops of color. For a lightweight alternative to traditional knee-high rain boots these teal rain booties (or galoshes!) are equal parts stylish and functional. Wear them with ankle jeans, a basic tee, and a neutral-colored anorak for the ultimate rainy day get-up.
Ready to snuggle up to a new rainy day outfit? Take your style quiz and order a Fix. Don’t forget to ask your stylist for the items you are craving for blustery days. Head over Stitch Fix Freestyle™ to instantly buy new rain jackets, boots and more, curated for your style and size. Shipping, exchange and returns are always free so you can easily explore your rainy day style in the comfort of your own home.