From tie-waist blouses to tie-waist dresses, we’re seeing this waist-accentuating trend everywhere lately. But how should you actually tie these styles? A square knot makes all the difference.
Keep reading for tips on tieing your tie-front tops.
How to Tie a Tie-Front Blouse or Dress
To get a sleek, polished knot that lies flat against your body, create a square knot.
- Start with the left tie in your left hand and the right tie in your right hand.
- Cross the left tie over the right tie and then bring the end of the left tie up through the center to form the first part of the knot.
- Pull the ties until your waist is comfortably cinched.
- Now, hold each tie in each hand again but this time, cross the right tie over the left tie.
- Finish by bringing the right tie back under the left tie and pulling it through the loop to form a second knot.
- Tug the edges of the knot until it lies smoothly.
- Arrange the ties to fall downwards.
How to Create a Tie-Front With a Button-Up
You can turn any button-up shirt into a tie-front shirt in a few quick steps.
- Start by unbuttoning your shirt from the bottom up until you get to the point where you want your shirt to end.
- Then, begin tieing a knot but make sure the side without any buttons is on top.
- Once you’ve tied one knot, tie a double knot with the side without any buttons on top again.
- Gently tighten the knot until it lays fairly flat against your body.
Eager to add this stylish twist to your closet? Our expert stylists are ready to help. Take your style quiz, order a Fix and ask your stylist to send tie-knot styles your way. You’ll receive five items to try at home. Keep what you like and send back the rest. Shipping and returns are always free. What’s knot to love?