From tie-waist blouses to tie-waist dresses, we’re seeing this waist-accentuating trend everywhere lately. But how should you actually tie these styles? A square knot makes all the difference.
Keep reading for tips on tieing your tie-front tops.
How to Tie a Tie-Front Blouse or Dress
To get a sleek, polished knot that lies flat against your body, create a square knot.
- Start with the left tie in your left hand and the right tie in your right hand.
- Cross the left tie over the right tie and then bring the end of the left tie up through the center to form the first part of the knot.
- Pull the ties until your waist is comfortably cinched.
- Now, hold each tie in each hand again but this time, cross the right tie over the left tie.
- Finish by bringing the right tie back under the left tie and pulling it through the loop to form a second knot.
- Tug the edges of the knot until it lies smoothly.
- Arrange the ties to fall downwards.
How to Create a Tie-Front With a Button-Up
You can turn any button-up shirt into a tie-front shirt in a few quick steps.
- Start by unbuttoning your shirt from the bottom up until you get to the point where you want your shirt to end.
- Then, begin tieing a knot but make sure the side without any buttons is on top.
- Once you’ve tied one knot, tie a double knot with the side without any buttons on top again.
- Gently tighten the knot until it lays fairly flat against your body.
Have any other tips for tieing a stylish knot? Let us know in the comments section.