Keep reading for Jen C.’s take on My Body, My Style.
How would you describe your body shape?
I’d describe myself as a feisty 5’3” hourglass figure.
Has your body shape informed the way that you dress?
Absolutely! I know my shape and what is flattering. Since I carry more of my weight on my lower half, I focus on flowy options over a more form-fitting option for daily wear. I love to highlight my legs when I can, and skinny jeans and dresses (and a tan) really help with that.
What is your go-to figure-flattering piece and why?
I love a wrap dress that you can cinch at the waist. It accentuates my hourglass figure, has a gorgeous drape across my torso and is perfect to dress up and down. I have many of these in my closet and they make getting ready a breeze! Dress up or down with shoes and accessories, and you’re ready for whatever the day brings.
What outfit makes you feel amazing? As a busy mom on-the-go, I always feel confident in a great pair of ankle length skinny jeans, tunic length tops, jackets, big earrings and a pointy flat. It just feels so put together and easy.
Any styling tips and tricks you can share?
- Stick to the basics: I love having basics in my closet that I can mix and match, and then sneak in the current trends to keep my budget in check.
- Always have a pop of color: Whether it’s a bold lip or a fun pair of earrings, always have a pop of color in your outfit.
- Take risks: We all have that outfit in our closets we want to wear but never do. You bought it for a reason, put it on!
- Try mixing prints: I’m a big fan of mixing patterns, it’s a way to break out of your usual norm. Polka dots and Stripes are a great combo!
- Have a friend on stand by: Have a group text with your best girlfriends to cross-check if everything looks okay, they’ll let you know!
Feeling inspired by Jen and want to share your story? Just follow the format here and send it to us!