Here are some quick links to skip to your favorite section:
Flaunting Your Figure
- The golden rule of figure flattery is to balance your proportions! If you’re curvy on top, give your lower half more volume with a fit & flare silhouette or flares.
- Take the plunge. A deep V-neck shirt draws the eye up for a longer, leaner appearance. It’s a perfect optical trick for petites!
- Make a waist! Tuck your top into a high-waisted fit & flare skirt to emphasize the smallest part of your body.
- Round down! If you’re between jean sizes, go with the smaller pair. It’s likely they’ll stretch for the perfect fit, says Stylist Shiloh U.
- Style in a jiff. Tuck in just the front of your shirt to add a cool-girl vibe & elongate your legs.
- Petite: Custom-fit a crossbody bag by tying a knot in the strap at just the right height.
- Belly buster! Take eyes off your midsection with items that give you long, lean lines such as a midi-cardigan or a floor-length duster vest.
- Give the illusion of a more shapely rump by picking pants with large or embellished back pockets.
- Don’t wish to show off your gams? Choose skirts in a neutral hue that have minimal detailing & a bright print on top to draw the eye upwards.
- Baubles or bust! Downplay the girls by choosing a large necklace that puts your bigger bust size in proportion.
- Curvier on the bottom? Grab pants in neutral colors & focus on eye-catching tops that accentuate your upper frame.
- Customize your maxi! Not only are they high on the comfort scale, but the waistband can be worn below or over the bump.
- Avoid reaching for billowy clothes to hide your bump—embrace tighly-fitting ensembles as they slim down your silhouette.
- Spice up your maternity basics with exciting accessories. A bauble here & an earring there will add interest your every-day look.
- In your first trimester? Try wearing flowy tops to keep your bump under wraps until it’s time to make the announcement.
- A wrap dress is a flattering item you’ll reach for again & again. Plus, it’s adjustable for when your belly begins to grow.
Color Palette Advice
- Bear bold hues. Pair your brights with white or neighboring colorwheel tones—instead of black, which can look outdated.
- Spice up your black & white neutrals with prints like stripes or dots. Wear more than one at a time if you’re feeling daring!
- Try tonal! Your neutral hues—like grey & beige—don’t need to match. The slight color variations make the look more interesting,” says Stylist Jennifer G.
- Rain in the forecast? Dark colors disguise watermarks if you’re left without an umbrella.
- Wear prints & patterns in humid climates. They’ll camouflage sweat stains better than solid colors.
- Nix the mini & go maxi for girls night! Try a long skirt for a fun alternative to barely-there hemlines.
- Show face! Higher necklines are currently trending—frame your face by accessorizing cowl & turtlenecks with statement earrings.
- What’s happening, hot cuff? Rolled cuffs work well with boyfriend jeans while a single, wider cuff is perfect for straight leg.
- Want to stay cool while keeping your arms covered? Try a kimono—the perfect lightweight summer layer, says Stylist Kaylen O.
- Plaid as a neutral? Yes! Try pairing this classic print with simple patterns like stripes & dots—like you would leopard.
- Instead of short-shorts & tight tanks, looser items—like elastic shorts & button-ups—circulate air better & keep you cool.
- Do the drape! Throw a jacket over your shoulders for instant street-style cred.
- Go grunge! Throw on a plaid button-up over a tee & jeans for a TBT-approved look.
- Flow into fall! Layer a billowy tank under a cropped sweater for a romantic & practical way to wear your favorites year round.
- Stay warm in wide-leg denim! Disguise chunky wool socks & heavyweight boots by wearing them under flared jeans.
- Double down… on button-ups! Layer two collared shirts for a dash of warmth & major style points.
- Winter dresses leaving you in the cold? Stay warm by layering a turtleneck under your sleeveless styles.
- Be practical & stylish in a puffer coat. Pair it with trendy accessories like suede boots & a bright beanie to pop.
Beauty & Accessories
- Rings are the new arm party! Mix & match them—the more the better—for an effortlessly accessorized look.
- Top off your tights! Keep warm by layering long socks over your tights for a feminine detail fit for chilly mornings.
- Be on point! Try a pointed-toe shoe instead of round—the extra length will give the illusion of mile-long legs.
- Don’t skip the basecoat! For at-home manicures, a quality basecoat is key for keeping polish shiny & long-lasting.
- Headband hold-on! Texturize your hair to keep it in place, then tease the roots & layer on the hairspray.
- Move over mittens! Try fingerless gloves to add an edgy, rocker feel—they’ll keep you warm while giving you full phone access.
- Show off your sock game! Roll up your jeans while wearing ankle boots to let your printed socks peep through.
- Love the blanket scarf trend? Layer it over a fitted top & skinny jeans to balance out proportions.
- Kick it! Instead of flats, reach for sneakers with your dresses or skirts—try low tops to elongate your legs.
- Don’t shake! To prevent air bubbles in your nail polish, roll the bottle between your palms for a smoother application.
- Going out tonight? Try nude or pink lipliner for a barely-there look that keeps your lipstick long lasting, says Stylist Lacey M.
- Sock it to me! Try wearing dress socks with your flats & loafers for added winter warmth.
- Loosen up! Your bra might be too small if you can’t comfortably fit two fingers under your bra band.
Wear & Care
- Hosiery hose down! Garments like tights & stockings should be washed after every wear.
- Wine Wednesday! Place empty wine bottles in tall boots to hold them up & keep their shape.
- Smell ya later! Freshen up shoes, luggage or gym bags with dryer sheets. Just let them sit overnight in the offending article.
- Freeze! Rethink the way you wash denim. Place jeans in a bag & place in the freezer. The low temp kills bacteria & keeps the color intact.
- Cheers to that! Mix a small amount vodka with water & spray on clothing to remove odors or even polish sunglasses, says Stylist Laura D.
- Waterproof your sneakers! Rub beeswax on the exterior of your shoes, then use a blow-dryer to melt & set the wax.
- Don’t slip & slide! Use a nail file to scratch up the bottom of too-slick shoes.
- Foundation fiasco? Remove makeup stains from clothing with a dab of dish soap, then spritz with clean water.
- Smooth out sweaters with a pumice stone or pill shaver—never with your fingertips.
- To remove dirt from suede, use stale bread crust (really!) & gently rub the affected area to flake away debris.
- Puffy eyes be gone! Steep, then refrigerate a tea bag & place under eyes for instant relief.
- Prolong your polish! Store your favorite nail polishes in the fridge to keep them from drying out or getting too tacky, says Stylist Catherine T.
- Unidentified carryall crumbs? Use a lint roller to clean the inside of purses and luggage.
- Tame your mane! Flyaways are a pain—lightly brush a dryer sheet over your hair to eliminate static. Bonus: smells great, too!
- DIY a scarf organizer by attaching shower curtain or binder rings to the bar of a hanger.
- Don’t be salty! Remove snowy-weather salt stains from boots with a mixture of water & vinegar.
- Had too much fun last night? You can use white wine to remove red wine stains in a pinch.
- Get glossy! Restore the sheen on patent leather with window cleaner & a soft rag (just test on small patch first).
- Ready, set, go! DIY a racerback bra on-the-fly by connecting the straps with a paperclip, says Stylist Melanie R.
- Fresh kicks! Use an old toothbrush to wash dirty sneakers with a mixture of baking soda, detergent & water.
- Be delicate with your delicates! After hand-washing, spin dry your undergarments with a clean salad spinner.
- On the flipside! Iron a button-up shirt inside out to seamlessly glide over the buttons.
- Add a cup of white vinegar to your cold water rinse to keep your jeans from fading.
- Pants a bit too tight? Stretch the waistband by hand while they’re still damp, then let them air dry under the summer sun.
- Dad was onto something! Break in your summer sandals by wearing them with socks around the house.
- Ink blot! Drop a pen on your favorite blouse? Dab the area w/ hand sanitizer & let it soak—then wash the garment like normal.
- Be prepared! Attach a safety pin to your bra straps so you always have one in an emergency.
- Loose screws? Tighten glasses by applying a small amount of clear nail polish to the screws at the hinges.
- Hole-y moly! Stop runs in their tracks by blotting the snag with instant-drying clear nail polish.
- Out of shaving cream? Prevent razor burn by using conditioner instead of soap for silky soft skin.
- Overdo the perfume? Dip a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol & wipe the excess amount off your skin, says Stylist Liliana B.
- Headed to an @NFL game? Don’t forget to leave your purse at home—only see-through pouches allowed.
- Keep your feet dry in the snow! Slip on tall socks, place each foot in a plastic bag, then layer on another pair of socks.
- Dinner party? Don’t forget to pack the floss—it also doubles as stand-in thread for a broken necklace.
- Never lose an earring again! In a pinch, use a pencil eraser to replace an earring back.
- Stuck zipper? Glide Vaseline or crayon wax on the teeth of a jammed zipper to help it get back on track.
- Require a refresh? Use a loo seat protector as an instant oil-blotter.
- Freshen up any outfit with a crisp white blazer. It pops against any color for a graphic feel.
- What’s the difference between a button-up & button-down? The latter features buttons to fasten down your collar points, says Tyler S.
- Go bib or go home! Layer a chunky statement necklace over a turtleneck, then throw on a blazer for a posh office look.
- Athleisure at work? Try dressing up a crew-neck sweatshirt with a statement necklace, pumps & pencil skirt.
- Press shirts in a pinch! Use a hair straightener to iron unruly shirt collars.
Travel & Holiday
- A lightweight scarf can be a style-saver on your summer vacations—perfect for chilly airports & as a poolside sarong.
- Safely stow away your jewelry! Place delicate pieces in drawstring bags & store them in your packed shoes when traveling.
- Reduce jacket wrinkles by turning them inside out before folding & packing, says Stylist Jolena C.
- Give them some air! Denim fibers need to breathe, so refrain from packing them too tightly together on a shelf.
- Oui oui! Try tying a silk scarf around your neck—instead of a statement necklace—for a Parisian-inspired feel.
- Going somewhere? When traveling, pack a few plastic grocery bags to store dirty laundry for when you get home.
- Misty mane? Wet weather can put a damper on your ‘do—try a top knot bun & chandelier earrings for the ultimate holiday look.
- Gift wrapping a sweater? Roll it in tissue paper, then tie the open ends with ribbon for a fun candy shape.
- Big red! When in doubt, opt for classic red nails & lipstick for an instant holiday pick-me-up.
Your Best Fix
- Play the cards you were dealt! Use your Style Cards as inspiration when you’re getting dressed in the morning, says Stylist Megan Z.
- “It’s cute, but not my style”… yet! Try on everything in your Fix—you may discover a new trend that totally suits you.
- Holla! The best way to communicate with your Stylist is through your Fix Note &/or Pinterest board.
What are your tried-and-true fashion tips? Tell us in the comments below!