Keep reading to see the December edition of Stylist Picks!
- Cut-out tops: Strategically placed cut outs are the perfect way for me to embrace the skin-baring trend but in a classy, age appropriate way.
- High-waisted jeans: Jeans can feel a little boyish and casual whereas a high-waist creates a defined waist and a more feminine feeling. Plus, you have more top options with a high-waisted jean.
- Suede jackets: I’m all about handfeel and texture. Suede feels so soft and luxurious— I think of it as leather velvet.
- Holiday-inspired jewel tones: Rich merlots, evergreen, deep amethyst and topaz are my colors of choice for the holidays. While everyone else has on an LBD, I’ll stand out in a lush color and bold lip.
- Fringe earrings: Since I gravitate towards solids and tonal outfits, a fringe earring adds some lively movement.
- Joggers: Style and comfort. Need I say more? The closest thing to acceptably wearing pajamas in public.
- Lace accents: Lace adds a little texture and a lot of romance. Since I’m not big on sparkle (aside from statement jewelry), it’s a nice way to offset jeans or solid bottoms.
- Cognac shoes: Cognac is a complementary hue for any tone—all year long.
- Chunky knit sweaters: I’ll go for anything that makes me feel like I’m wrapped in a blanket at all times.
- Gauzy scarf: I love to be wrapped up but don’t love anything itchy or bulky. With a gauzy scarf I can still get that cocooned feeling without uncomfortable weight.
More Things That Alysha’s Crushing On:
Aside from catching up with Man Repeller when she can and styling her Stitch Fix clients, Alysha is a lover of old-school pen to paper and a bold lip. See the rest of her December picks below!
- My Spotify Discover Weekly Playlist: Mondays might just be my favorite day of the week. Why? My Spotify Discover Weekly playlist gets me moving.
- Icon Dance Collective: I love this Bay Area based dance studio. I recently took their Beyoncé-inspired “Formation” class and I’m hooked.
- Nars Lip Pencil in Cruella: I’m moving back into brick red lips for holiday and this one is perfect.
- Ban.do Notebook: I’m old school and I love to take notes by hand and sketch out ideas.
Learn more about how our style experts can help you up your wardrobe game this winter!