Here’s what a day on the road with Jackie Guilbault looks like!
Snapshot of a Day
“Hi! When I’m on the road this is what a typical day looks like, starting with (of course) a cup of coffee.
6:30 AM: Right now I’m in Austin, TX at a Men’s Styling Fit Workshop, so I grabbed some coffee in my hotel and read up on the news—both current events and pop culture!
8:00 AM: Jump on a quick call with our Styling Leaders—we connect often to make sure we are supporting our Stylists in the best way possible and putting our clients first in everything that we do. These are my favorite types of calls.
9:00 AM: Check out our event space to check out the set up for our Men’s Fit Workshop. I travel to multiple Styling regions to help present styling specific training for our Men’s team—like how to send guys the perfect fit.
11:00 AM: Doors open and I’m mingling with our Styling team as they check out new merchandise. I love seeing trends come to life in front of our team.
12:00 PM: I hit the stage and spend an hour walking the team through strategies for getting fit right for our men. We talk about body shape, fit challenges and how to find the best product for him.
3:00 PM: My team meeting starts! We review important business updates that impact our customer and preview a new Styling Algorithm and how it works. Styling is such a blend of art and science and we walk through how our team will leverage our tool to more easily find jeans for our guys.
6:00 PM: My work day is done and I’m ready for dinner with my team. Tacos are on the menu (and a Tecate, too!). I love managing people and value my social time with team members. It always leaves me feeling super energized.
8:00 PM: I’m headed to the airport first thing in the morning so I plan my outfit that night and get ready for bed. Sleep is currency and I like to invest!
On Stitch Fix Men
Tell us about your experience building out the Men’s styling team.
Our men’s team was tiny—only 30 Stylists before the Men’s service officially launched in September of 2016. Knowing we had big plans for our Men’s business, our team hired Men’s Stylists in Dallas, Minneapolis and the Bay Area in anticipation for our growing customer base. We trained current Stylists for our women’s business who were nimble, resilient and forward-thinking. They rocked it and now we’re looking to hire Stylists in more regions (looking at you, Austin!)
How do the men who use Stitch Fix differ from the women? What is most important for them?
Men’s clients are definitely different—they are witty, direct, and are looking to feel confident, just like the women. To make sure our men’s team is up to snuff, we put them through an all-day, in-person training in addition to sending out supplemental training materials virtually.
What is the Fit Workshop?
We just tested a Fit Workshop where we took hundreds of shots of Stitch Fix friends and family members in our product to create a Body Shape Guide where the team could easily gain exposure to different body shapes and sizes. Our hypothesis is that if you can better visualize what your client might look like, you can choose the best product for him!
What about your style! What do you care about when you get dressed.
I wear denim almost daily. Whether it’s a chambray tucked into a pleated skirt or my new fave obsession—step hem jeans. I think investing in premium denim that will stand the test of time (or travel!) is a great use of my hard earned paycheck.
How has working at Stitch Fix changed your style?
I was not a fashionista before working at Stitch Fix. I worked in traditional retail and studied Textile Science and Fashion Marketing but working at Stitch Fix has helped me branch out. I used to be scared of trends because I wasn’t the girl who could pull them off. But, I realized that I am that girl! I just need to try them in a way that’s right for me. I’m much more adventurous and at the same time, I’ve learned the importance of investing in killer basics.
A LITTLE Bit MORE ABOUT JACKIE
- I’m a huge Green Bay Packer fan. It’s hard not to be a fan when the quarterback grew up in your tiny hometown.
- Speaking of Chico, CA, my all-time favorite beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
- I buy a ton of books about leadership, but only read about two per year. I’m sure I’ll get to them all someday…
- I love National Parks. I recently climbed Angel’s Landing in Zion National Park and actually made it to the top. #risktaker
- I’ve never met an avocado I didn’t like.
- I’ll go to just about any live sporting event and have a blast.
- I learned to surf this summer in Costa Rica—it’s a work in progress.
- I watch more reality TV than is healthy, but I’m not ashamed about it. The Bachelor, Southern Charm and Vanderpump Rules are my absolute faves.
- I am afraid of being thirsty. You’ll always find me with an oversized Yeti or Klean Kanteen.
- I recently joined a winery in Sonoma, CA. It’s the most grown up thing about me.
- I never leave the house without wearing moisturizer with SPF, mascara and if it’s the weekend, a baseball cap.